Northern Spain end Madrid (Summer 2017)
About Madrid, Spain
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Madrid: Your guided tour shows you the statue of Don Quixote in the Plaza de España, Royal Palace, Gran Via, Cibeles Fountain, Parliament and Puerta del Sol.
- Santiago de Compostela: Join a guided tour of the old town.
- Costa Verde: Experience the coastal vistas of Asturias.
- Covadonga: Visit the shrine to Pelayo.
- Bilbao: See the spectacular modern Guggenheim Museum.
- Zumaia: See the rock known as El Ratón (the mouse).
- San Sebastian: Enjoy a guided walking tour of the Old Quarter including Plaza de la Constitucion. Ascend Monte Igueldo for views of the town and La Concha Bay.
- Pamplona: Visit the city of the running of the bulls.
- Barcelona: Enjoy a walking tour through the old lanes and squares of the Gothic Quarter. Drive down the elegant Passeig de Gràcia to witness some of the finest Modernist architecture. Stand in awe beside Gaudi's incredible Sagrada Famila.
- Scenic Drives: Costa Verda, Picos de Europa, Costa Vasca, Costa de Cantabria, Rioja wine–region.
AUTHENTIC REGIONAL FLAVOURS
- Rueda: Some of Spain's finest wines hail from the Rueda region. During your tasting, learn about the Verdejo grape and what to look for in a fresh white.
- Barcelona: Your Celebration Dinner with wine, at a typical Catalan restaurant, incorporates classic cooking with the freshest produce.
- 10 Buffet Breakfasts (BB); plus 1 Welcome Dinner (WD), 2 three-course table d’hôte Dinners (DW) and 1 Celebration Dinner (CD) all with wine, plus tea or coffee
- Madrid: Witness the world's finest collection of Spanish paintings, plus an impressive foreign collection, as you tour the Prado Museum with an art historian.
- Santiago de Compostela: The Romanesque interior of the cathedral is magnificent. Let a Local Expert take you through the Gateway of Glory to witness the final stage of one of the world's most ancient pilgrimages.
- Oviedo: See 1,000-year-old wall paintings in some of Europe's oldest churches and relax in a cider house with a glass of Asturia's famous ‘Sidra'. Watch the waiters demonstrate the art of Cider pouring.
- Santillana del Mar: Step back in time at this perfectly preserved and ‘most beautiful village in Spain.'
- Barcelona: Visit inside Gaudi's extraordinary masterpiece, the Sagrada Familia Basilica.
STAY AT THE BEST ADDRESSES
- Santiago de Compostela: The NH Collection delivers modern luxury in a timeless setting, just minutes from the historic Plaza del Obradoiro.
- Oviedo: The Barceló Oviedo Cervantes is situated in the heart of Oviedo, 10 minutes from the Old Town and Cathedral. This striking and stylish designer hotel is restored from an early 20th century mansion.
- Oviedo: The NH Oviedo Principado hotel could not be better placed for getting to know Oviedo. Set opposite the historic university building, it's just minutes away from the Medieval old town with its cathedral and cafe-lined Plaza del Fontan.
- Santander: The luxury 5-star Eurostars Real is at the heart and soul of Santander, a hallmark of excellence and prestige, facing the Playa de los Peligros beach.
- Santander: The Bahia Hotel is located in the heart of Santander, surrounded by landmarks like the Cathedral of Santander and Porticada Square.
- Madrid: Located on Madrid’s most chic avenue, the Hotel Hesperia Madrid is a centrally located, modern hotel offering comfortable and contemporary rooms.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.